Linear and loop walks
If you’re interested in taking a diversion from the main path and exploring the local countryside, (or if you just want to try a shorter local walk) there are a range of circular loop walks which link to the Wye Valley Walk.
In Monmouthshire they include:
- St Arvans Roundabout - north of Chepstow
- Ninewells Farm Circular - between Tintern and Trellech.
- Broadstone to Kymin & Hadnock Circulars, through Highmeadow Woods, east of Monmouth
- Monmouth to Dixton Circular and Dixton to Newton Circular
- Penallt Pubs and Church Circular, between Redbrook and Monmouth.
- Llandogo Village Walks between Chepstow and Monmouth
- Walks Near Tintern in the Upper Angidy Valley between Chepstow and Monmouth including details about Angidy furnace
- Whitestone - Bargain Wood - Whitestone (BF)
Details of the Monmouthshire routes can be obtained from Monmouthshire County Council Countryside Service
In Herefordshire they include:
- Leys Hill
- John Kyrle Circular, Ross-on-Wye
- Breinton Springs
- The Mordiford Loop
All are detailed and can be downloaded and printed via www.herefordshire.gov.uk/circularwalks